Friday, September 13, 2013

Bath and Body Works vs. Lush

Hello everyone, today I will be comparing two large bath and body companies called Bath & Body Works and Lush.
This is a quite hard decision for me, seeing as that both of them are very good brands. Both brands have pretty much everything you could ask for in a body company, which is variety and products that actually smell good.
_________________________________________________________________________________
LUSH:

One thing about Lush that really impressed me was that the products are all-organic and fair trade. Being an enthusiast for environmental concerns, I was really happy to see that the products were so health-centered. Unlike Bath and Body Works, this stuff is all-natural and is less likely to irritate sensitive skin. I was also pretty impressed with the large variety of their products and how unique each scent was. Variety, however, is a bit more prominent at B&BW, which has many more different scents to choose from than Lush.
One of the things that always irritates me about Bath and Body Works is the fact that there is certainly nothing subtle about the scents. When I go to school, many of my classmates comment, "hey, is that your perfume?" It's sometimes even strong enough to nauseate me, and once my mother made me trash a whole bottle of Japanese Cherry Blossom spray because it gave her a severe headache. However, Lush does not have this problem at all, and often, my mother (who hates most fragrances) uses up my Lush bath bombs, which I take as a good sign. Overall, Lush is for those who want fair trade, organic, and wholesome products that smell amazing and really could do without the feeling of throwing up because of their lotion. Bath and Body Works, on the other hand, has some seriously good plus sides.

_________________________________________________________________________________
BATH & BODY WORKS:
Bath and Body Works is a very well-known bath products brand, and you can probably find one in every mall in the United States. This is probably due to the fact that they have at least fifty scents to buy products in. These smells range from floral, to cuddly, to sweet, and even to just crisp, clean scents, B&BW has it all. This is one of the things that Lush just doesn't have, given that they have about half the amount of smells ton choose from. B&BW also has many seasonal and holiday scents, including the fall ones that are out right now, including my favorite of all time: Vermont Sugar Maple, which comes in hand cream and hand sanitizer.

Bath and Body Works is also great for the girl who loves to save money. A large shower gel from here is about half the price of a not-so-large container of shower gel from Lush. In my opinion, Lush doesn't quite give you your money's worth, but B&BW certainly does.

All in all, Bath and Body works wins in variety hands-down, and the cost is much cheaper.




So, what do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment